Monday, January 11, 2010

Hi everybody,

My name is Kate Gibbs. I am a fifteen year old lucky girl with Cerebral Palsy. I live in beautiful Invermere, British Columbia, 3 hours from Calgary, Alberta. I am part of a wonderful family including, my Mom, Judy, my Dad, Nick, and my 12 year old Sister, Natalie. Two years ago, all the grade sevens in my school, got to go skiing. And guess what?So did I! I ski in something called a Sit ski. I steer myself, and I have a fantastic ski team to help me. I still ski today. It has become one of my favorite sports. I am so interested in it, that I am going to the Paralympics to report on it. Two years ago, I went to the winter games, funded by a group called Set B.C. with my best friend Grace to report on Wheelchair basketball. It's so inspiring to watch disabled people play sports. They have so much courage and determination. Now, I get to go further with my reporting with the Paralympics. I've been in contact with a paraplegic skier, Luke Donavan, from Cranbrook B.C. He sounds like a neat guy. I am so honoured to be given g a chance like this. I will keep you posted about stuff that comes up, to help me with my journey. Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Katie your supposed to get people to go on studentslive.ca and sign up. You can edit your post because you need to get people to sign up for studentslive. They are trying to get 1000 members on their site. Please say a little more about studentslive in your post.

    ReplyDelete