Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Meeting Luke Donaven

Today we flew out from Vancouver airport, to Cranbrook. And guess what. Kathy McCauley, the lady that helps us with our technology was there and she said she had a surprise visitor for me. Guess who it was. Luke Donavan! i was very excited. He came all by himself, which i thought was very impressive. I got to ask him more questions about himself. I found out he lives in a kind of centre to get help when he needs it and that he just figured out he actually gets to go to the Paralymics. He wasn't sure if he was going or not because he had to get the OK from his coaches. Then to wrap things up , we all took a group picture with him. What a great surprise.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kate: Can you post the photo I sent of you, Luke and Grace?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate. What a fabulous experience you are already having. I can hardly wait to read your Olympic reports. We're so proud of you!
    Bendina Miller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate: I'm sending you a photo to post on your blog. You will have to figure out how to do that..you can ask Grace because she has done it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mrs.Miller. i was soo excited yuu got to read my blog. I am very excited for this amazing experience. Follow along, as my exciting journey continues.
    P.s. Congratulations on your retirement. i am happy for you, but very sad to see you go.
    Your friend kate

    ReplyDelete